Saturday, February 11, 2012

Chocolate Covered Love Struck Strawberry Hearts


Who doesn't love a chocolate covered strawberry?  I created these love struck strawberries because I had some left over almond bark from the Minnie and Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops I made last week, so I wanted to create another use for that almond bark I had left.  These are a fun new twist on chocolate covered strawberries for Valentines Day.  I did also try these with milk chocolate and I didn't think they were near as cute, so you're welcome to try it but in my opinion the white version looks better.  Did I mention how easy these are to make?  They're a great last minute Valentines treat to gift to a friend or loved one, and they are sure to put a smile on their face.  Happy Valentines Day everyone!






Love Struck Strawberry Hearts
Yields 6 (you could easily double/triple this recipe)


Ingredients:
6 fresh strawberries
6 oz. vanilla almond bark (white chocolate would also work)
Pink sugar crystal sprinkles


You will also need:
12 toothpicks
hot glue gun/glue


Directions:
Cut a "V" in the top of each strawberry and round edges with knife (think of carving a pumpkin), set aside.  Melt almond bark in a small microwave safe container in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth.  Dip strawberries just below bottom of the "V" to cover top, allow excess to drip off then immediately sprinkle coating with pink sprinkles before coating hardens.  Set on wax paper to dry.
To make arrows:
Cut 1/2" off the ends of 6 toothpicks.  Place a tiny drop of glue 1/2" in down (an uncut toothpick) and glue pointed ends of two 1/2" toothpick pieces to the toothpick.  Insert toothpick arrows just below chocolate coating on a diagonal (I cleaned the tip that was inserted through the strawberry with a wet paper towel to remove some of the red).  Note: the strawberry will start to break down after a few hours, so it's best to serve these before then.

Share:

Blog Archive